Camping offers a completely unique experience that is something one must do in his/her lifetime. Camping not only introduces you to a whole new environment but also develops an appreciation for nature in you. If you have never had the chance of going on a camping trip, now’s the best time to get out of the city and dive into great outdoors!
Camping is a great way to keep your kids active. While they are plenty of things to do at the campsite, you need to be extra prepared for the kids’ camp food. They need happy tummy to movie around. And, breakfast plays an important role in keeping them going throughout the day. For kids, it is all about the treats. So, whip up a tasty dish from the 6 recipes listed below and make the camping more exciting. These recipes are easy to prepare and keep your kids alert. So, let’s explore:
- English-Muffin Egg
- Hard-cooked eggs (2)
- Olive oil
- English muffins (4)
- Grated mozzarella
- Kosher salt
- Tomato slices
- Prepare hard-boiled eggs and slice them.
- Slice English muffins in half and toast 8 of them.
- Place the slices on a cookie sheet.
- Smear each slice with olive oil.
- Stack them on tomato slices, hard-boiled halved egg slices.
- Drizzle them with oregano and kosher salt.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until the cheese starts melting.
- Yogurt and Granola Parfait
- Plain yogurt (half cup)
- Granola (a quarter cup)
- Maple syrup (1 tablespoon)
- Keep the granola at the bottom of a parfait glass or dish.
- Pour yogurt on top.
- Drizzle the mixture with syrup.
- Grilled Glazed Beef & Veggie Kebabs
- Oyster sauce ( 2 tbsp)
- Light soy sauce (1 tbsp)
- Olive oil (2 tbsp)
- Chopped garlic (2 tsp)
- Sesame oil (1 tsp)
- 1 small red pepper, sliced into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lb. strip loin steak, fat trimmed to 1-inch chunks
- 1 zucchini, trimmed about three-quarter inch chunks
- Choose a plastic bowl with lid.
- Mix oyster sauce, soy sauce, garlic and sesame oil, and 1 tbsp olive in the bowl.
- Toss strip loin and coat.
- Add red peppers, zucchini, and red onion with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Heat beef and vegetables on skewers. Keep the grill heat to medium-high.
- Grill for 10 minutes or until you achieve the desired form.
- Easy Chocolate Croissants
- 8-count tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- Chocolate chips or chopped chocolate; semisweet (1/3 cup)
- Heat the oven up to 375°F.
- Unroll the dough and turn it into 8 triangles.
- Put 8-10 chocolate chips on the bottom third of each triangle and roll the dough up.
- Place the croissants on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Quick Sticky Buns
- Unsalted butter (1/2 tbsp), sliced into 10 pieces
- 1 banana thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pecan, chopped
- 5-ounce tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Dark brown sugar (3 tbsp)
- Heat your oven up to 375° F.
- Base the bottom of each of 10 compartments of a muffin tin with a piece of butter.
- Arrange the slices of the banana on top.
- Drizzle the pecans and brown sugar over the banana slices.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Encase the muffin tin with a baking sheet while the buns are hot.
- Flip the tin over and carefully tap the bottom to release the buns onto a platter.
- Berry and Yogurt Smoothie
- Frozen fruit (banana and berries)
- Greek yogurt
- A liquid of your choice (milk, coconut water, juice, etc.)
- Blend all three ingredients.
- Refrigerate the mixture.
- Let it thaw and serve.
Camping gets kids out into nature and keeps them motivated and active. And, the recipes listed above ensure they are always on-the-move. So, make sure you follow the recipes and give your kid something to stay elated about!